Many may be wondering what is “Quiche” and where was it invented so here we go…
It’s an egg tart breakfast dish filled with cheese, vegetables and meat baked in a flaky pastry dough.
Many people think that quiche was invented by the French, but Quiche actually originated in Germany.
Today, the bakers have all put a different twist to the Quiche recipe and that’s including me. I sometimes make mine vegetarian and sometimes I make it a meat lover tart.
This little tart filled with savoury pieces of cheese and meat has become popular worldwide and I’m pretty sure it will become your breakfast favorite. It’s super easy and quick to make. Give it a try by following my recipe below.
INGREDIENTS FOR FLAKY DOUGH:
6oz butter (soft)
6 tablespoons cold water
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING:
1 cup bacon
½ cup milk
½ cup green onions (finely chopped)
½ cup tomato (finely chopped)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut up the butter. Put it in a bowl with flour and salt. Rub them together with your hands until they look like breadcrumbs.
- If the dough is crumbly, add more water; if it’s sticky, add more flour.
- Sprinkle flour on a baking mat or your table and your rolling pin.
- Mix the dough until it forms a soft ball.
- Roll the pastry out thinly and cut circles and place them in the muffin pan. Prick with a fork and trim off the edges.
- Now time to make your filling. Cut the bacon into tiny pieces and fry in a pan until golden brown.
- Remove bacon from frying pan and fry your green onions and tomatoes for 3 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and milk in a bowl and season them with salt and pepper.
- Mix crispy bacon pieces, green onions, tomatoes to the egg and milk bowl.
- Put the filling mixture inside each muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
ENJOY!!!! and I’d love to hear how your Quiche turned out!